Assistant Store Manager (Retail)
As a retail associate, you are expected to learn the NAPA brand — the market and who our customers are. Eagerness to learn and grow with the company is highly appreciated. Knowing your customers and products are such a big impact to daily business, don't be afraid to work with your team and ask questions — willingness to take initiative is a top tier trait.
What makes a successful Retail employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Centric
- Team player
Counter Sales Path to Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager Path to Store Manager
Store Manager Path to District Manager
District Manager End of path
Group Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
A day in the life includes anything and everything about running a store. It could be taking care of personnel and helping them get what they need, taking care of customers, finding parts, working with my customer service representative who's out helping customers, every day is different.Jeremiah Reynolds NAPA Store Manager
By joining our diverse and supportive retail team, you’ll be part of a genuine work family that gives its all to customers every day. You’ll also discover a culture that values integrity, innovation, and ingenuity. Whatever your background, skills, and experience, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work. Because ultimately, going the extra mile to care and respect our people, customers, suppliers, and communities is in our DNA.
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Imagine the position to use your automotive or customer service expertise with both our wholesale and retail customers on a daily basis, serve as a leader to your teammates, and lead NAPA to be the dominant parts supplier in the market. If this sounds like you, NAPA is looking for a passionate Assistant Store Manager. This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Enjoy creating a superior customer service experience to achieve maximum market penetration, drive store growth, increase sales and profitability
- Know how to provide daily leadership and create and sustain a culture of employee engagement
- Know the importance of partnering with your teammates in order to drive company owned store initiatives
- Care about people and profit
- Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career the opportunities are endless!
- A Day in the life:
- Lead a successful team, support the store manager, and manage in our fast-paced retail stores
- Manage store operations to maximize sales, profits and customer service
- Build, coach, train and engage crew team to deliver superior levels of customer care and business results
- Inventory protection, asset management, operational and safety issues
- Overall cleanliness and readiness of delivery vehicles, sales floor, stock room and outside areas
- Drive NAPA operational and marketing programs while steering toward continuous improvement in processes and procedures
- Grow customer relationships, help with sales/service questions, and ensure a positive experience both in the store and on the phone
- High school diploma or equivalent. Technical or trade school courses or degree completion.
- Experience in the automotive after-market service industry or hobby/DIY world, or at least the willingness to learn all things automotive.
- Passion for delivering customer care and building long term relationships
- Thrive off of working in a very fast paced and complex environment.
- Knowledge of cataloging and/or inventory management systems
- Ability to lift 60lbs in some situations
- And if you have this, even better:
- Background and/or passion for automotive industry, heavy equipment, farm industry, diesel, marine, or dealership.
- Experience in a parts store, auction, retail store, auto body/collision, or fast food/restaurant/convenience store management experience
- Entirely customer-centric (external/internal)
- ASE Certifications
- NAPA Know How
- Why NAPA may be the right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you dont think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting NAPAautojobs.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Tifton, Georgia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs