Field Service Tech
Under general supervision, the Field Service Technician performs moderately complex customer support activities for equipment and systems products such as hydraulics, component repair, welding, and relatively complex equipment. The Field Service Technician performs repair, preventative maintenance and installation with regional responsibility for equipment and systems.
- Performs on-site emergency repair, preventative maintenance, and installation on a 24/7 on-call basis.
- Responsible for the installation, diagnostics, repair and support for products that are installed and operating at customers' location.
- Determines when products should be upgraded or replaced.
- Provides technical support and training to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Serves as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Works under direct supervision and follows detailed guidelines to work on moderately complex repairs and installations.
- Ensures that processes and environmental conditions comply with local and national regulatory agencies, and Motion's safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typically requires formal technical training beyond high school and one (1) to (2) years related experience.
- Ability to read hydraulic schematics.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Ability to operate shop equipment safely.
- Push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Lift/carry up to 100 pounds
- Lift bulky objects
- Neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, reach and lift, ladder climb and carrying/crawling.
- Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
This job description illustrates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job classification.It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Management retains the right to add or modify duties at any time.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Tampa, Florida.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs