Account Manager (CS)
Our sales employees are the face of Motion by being the first person our customers interact with. As a member of the Motion Sales team, you will determine which products our customers need to keep their businesses in motion. You'll leverage your deep product knowledge, strong customer service, and adaptability. A role at Motion provides opportunities for growth, content learning, and you have an impact on so many companies.
What makes a successful Sales employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team player
Customer Service Rep Path to Account Rep
Account Rep Path to Branch Manager
Branch Manager Path to Sales Manager
Sales Manager Path to Division Vice President
Division Vice President End of path
Group Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Join us, and you’ll discover a friendly and service-focused culture that values integrity, innovation, and ingenuity. You’ll also discover the support you need to grow on both a professional and personal level. Rewarding and purposeful work will help you to develop your skills, experience and knowledge, and as you collaborate with our diverse and friendly team, you can be certain that you’re learning from some of the very best talent in the business.
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions to customer requirements and objectives.
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed, effectively and urgently.
- Execute any task needed to provide consistent excellent service to assigned accounts.
- Follow communication and documentation procedures, guidelines, and policies.
- Provide ongoing customer service and follow up.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to assigned customers.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key account contacts.
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment.
- Meet personal/team sales targets as well as forecast and track key account metrics.
- Ability to prioritize and organize in order to effectively to meet deadlines.
- Build sustainable relationships through open and interactive communication.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar preferred
- Proven account management or other relevant experience
- 3 years customer service/account management in industrial distribution environment preferred
Specific Skills and Training:
- Eaton CCR certification to level 200 and Aeroquip Fluid Conveyance Product School (AFCPS) are required within one year of hire date. (if no AFCPS available, next soonest possible.)
- Certified Fluid Power Specialist (CFPS) and/or Certified Fluid Power Hydraulic Specialist (CFPHS) a plus.
- Knowledge of Fluid Power Components/applications preferred.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Office setting, mostly sedentary work at desk/workstation using PC.
- Periods of standing and walking.
- Frequent interruptions.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Sunrise, Florida.Explore the Area