Sr Service Technician
Salisbury, North Carolina
Under limited supervision, the Service Technician III repairs, services, and builds standard and custom systems for complex and non-routine hydraulic, fluid power, electrical, and mechanical systems. The Service Technician II provides guidance to less experienced Service Technicians.
- Performs maintenance on assigned customer products that come through the service shop.
- Disassembles, cleans, and inspects system components for repair.
- Prepares job form listing parts and works necessary to perform the repair.
- Designs, fabricates, machines, and welds parts and components.
- Repairs hydraulic, fluid power, electrical, and mechanical systems. and other related items.
- Tests repaired equipment for performance and prepares for shipment or long-term storage.
- Assist customers by answering specific technical questions to help the customer understand the work to be done.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding products, provides quotes, and handles order entry. Due to experience & training, may handle more challenging inquires.
- Builds customer relationships to drive repeat business by relating to the customer and drive process improvements.
- Assists less experienced Service Technicians with addressing customer needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and at least five (5) years of shop experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to read hydraulic schematics.
- Strong mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to operate shop equipment safely.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Lift/carry up to 100 pounds
- Lift bulky objects
- Neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, reach and lift, ladder climb and carry, crawling.
- Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as needed
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: None required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No Supervisory Responsibility
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist