IBS Counter Sales
As a retail associate, you are expected to learn the NAPA brand — the market and who our customers are. Eagerness to learn and grow with the company is highly appreciated. Knowing your customers and products are such a big impact to daily business, don't be afraid to work with your team and ask questions — willingness to take initiative is a top tier trait.
What makes a successful Retail employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Centric
- Team player
Counter Sales Path to Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager Path to Store Manager
Store Manager Path to District Manager
District Manager End of path
Group Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
A day in the life includes anything and everything about running a store. It could be taking care of personnel and helping them get what they need, taking care of customers, finding parts, working with my customer service representative who's out helping customers, every day is different.Jeremiah Reynolds NAPA Store Manager
By joining our diverse and supportive retail team, you’ll be part of a genuine work family that gives its all to customers every day. You’ll also discover a culture that values integrity, innovation, and ingenuity. Whatever your background, skills, and experience, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work. Because ultimately, going the extra mile to care and respect our people, customers, suppliers, and communities is in our DNA.
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
We are so much more than a Parts Store and we are looking for even more great talent to join our NAPA family! As a NAPA Automotive Parts Specialist, you are looked at as the “face of the retail store” and the go to person as soon as our customers enter our retail stores for all of their automotive needs. You don’t have to be able to tear a motor down and rebuild it (however, if you can, that’s awesome) – but we do need you to have a background and knowledge of automotive parts. A NAPA Automotive Parts Specialist is a great opportunity whether you are looking to spend your career with us as a Parts Specialist, want to work full/part-time or you just want to get your foot in the door with us to explore other careers at some point – We welcome you!
What you will be doing:
- Provide auto parts answers and solutions for our retail and wholesale customers in person at the counter/over the phone
- Use your parts knowledge to assist other NAPA team members answer questions for customers
- Providing outstanding customer care and interactions with everyone who comes into our NAPA Store!
- Bring customer focus and high energy to our fast-paced stores
- Welcome retail customers into our retail stores and engage to provide a positive consumer experience
- Use technology (computer), cash register, telephone, and paper catalog system
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Genuinely enjoy helping our retail and wholesale customers with their auto parts and service questions
- Have gained your parts experience by working the automotive industry or have gained your experience tinkering with/repairing cars & trucks through the year
- You are willing to learn all things automotive if you don’t have the background in automotive parts
- Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career – the opportunities are endless!
What you’ll need:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Previous experience in a parts store or automotive industry or at least a willingness to learn all things auto parts
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical or Trade school courses or degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Love fast paced retail environments
- Great listening skills and empathy for customer
And if you have this, even better (not a deal breaker if you don’t):
- Background and/or passion for automotive industry, heavy equipment, farm industry, diesel, marine, or dealership
- Experience in a parts store, auction, retail store, auto body/collision
- Knowledge of cataloging AND/OR inventory management systems, a plus
- Entirely customer-centric (external/internal)
- ASE Certifications
What’s in it for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Competitive Pay
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity, finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are the same!
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from multiple leaders/your team
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Sacramento, California.Explore the Area