Lead Conveyor Belt Service Technician
Our Shop employees are there to ensure that the quality of the product is perfect before being sent to customers.This means the employees in this position need to work quickly and efficiently to be sure to meet the customer's demands. Since the shop directly impacts the value of our business and our customer satisfaction, it is important for all shop employees to be able to hold each other accountable to ensure everything operates smoothly.
- Status:Full Time
What makes a successful Lead Conveyor Belt Service Technician? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team player
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
The Service Shop Manager is responsible for planning, managing, and reviewing production operations to achieve output and quality objectives. This role is responsible for hiring, training, and coaching a team of five or more shop employees.
- Leads a team of five or more shop employees performing skilled trades, lower level apprentice craft work, and operation of machines used in production processes. Typically has budget and hire/fire authority.
- Develops and implements production schedules to ensure the effective use of labor, tools, and equipment; operating.
- Provides coaching and feedback to shop employees.
- Assigns and coordinates tasks based on workload.
- Monitors performance metrics and allocates resources as necessary to ensure high quality service at optimal efficiency.
- Ensures that processes and environmental conditions comply with local and national regulatory agencies, and the organization's safety standards.
- Responsible for the installation, diagnostics, repair and support for products that are installed and operating at customers' location.
- Maintains and promotes ISO and Motion Quality System as well as the Safety and Loss Prevention program.
- Maintains a positive rapport with vendors, branch personnel and Motion specialists.
- Evaluates, checks, and signs all completed items that leave the shop facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires a high school diploma or GED
- Ten (10) or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage, motivate and handle multitude of priorities daily.
- Must be able to operate shop equipment safely.
- Knowledge of various metals and measurements used in machining processes required.
- Knowledge of machinist, CAD and/or CAM software required.
- Knowledge of mathematics and its application required.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods required.
- Knowledge of monitoring gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly required.
- Ability to read hydraulic schematics.
- Strong mechanical knowledge.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employees is regularly required to push/pull up to 50 pounds. T
- he employees is regularly required to lift/carry up to 50 pounds as well as the ability to lift bulky objects.
- The employee is regularly required to use neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, reach and lift, ladder climb and carry, crawling.
- Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- None required.
- 0-5 Direct Reports
- 5-10 Direct Reports
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Richfield, Wisconsin.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs