Conveyor Belt Service Technician
MI Conveyance Solutions Conveyor Belt Service Technician provides the highest level of mechanical service to meet the needs of our customers. Whether repairing and installing conveyor belts or repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment, we cater to the needs of our customers to keep their industry in motion. Offering, product and service training to advance your career with a world class company. MI Conveyance offers competitive pay, the opportunity for overtime, excellent benefits package including healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Performs on-site belt installation, splicing and preventative maintenance and call outs for emergency repairs.
- Fabricate lightweight and heavyweight conveyor belts in shop.
- Performs rigging to facilitate the lifting of belt rolls, presses and tooling on and off conveyor systems.
- Performs basic millwright tasks such as torch heating and cutting as well as the removal and installation of conveyor components such as bearings, idlers, pulleys, gearboxes and motors.
- Serves as customer contact on technical and service-related issues.
- Works under direct supervision and follows detailed guidelines to work on moderately complex repairs and installations.
- Works in a safe, courteous, and professional manner always.
- Ensures that processes and environmental conditions comply with local and national regulatory agencies, and Motion's safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical training and mechanical aptitude a plus, not required
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Physical Demands
- Push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Lift/carry up to 100 pounds
- Lift bulky objects
- Neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, reach and lift, ladder climb and carrying/crawling.
- Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
- Working at heights from manlifts, platforms and elevated walkways may be required and would require wearing safety harness.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Portland, Oregon.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs