Conveyor Belt Service Technician
MI Conveyance Solutions Conveyor Belt Service Technician provides the highest level of mechanical service to meet the needs of our customers. Whether repairing and installing conveyor belts or repairing and maintaining mechanical equipment, we cater to the needs of our customers to keep their industry in motion. Offering, product and service training to advance your career with a world class company. MI Conveyance offers competitive pay, the opportunity for overtime, excellent benefits package including healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Performs on-site belt installation, splicing and preventative maintenance and call outs for emergency repairs.
- Fabricate lightweight and heavyweight conveyor belts in shop.
- Performs rigging to facilitate the lifting of belt rolls, presses and tooling on and off conveyor systems.
- Performs basic millwright tasks such as torch heating and cutting as well as the removal and installation of conveyor components such as bearings, idlers, pulleys, gearboxes and motors.
- Serves as customer contact on technical and service-related issues.
- Works under direct supervision and follows detailed guidelines to work on moderately complex repairs and installations.
- Works in a safe, courteous, and professional manner always.
- Ensures that processes and environmental conditions comply with local and national regulatory agencies, and Motion's safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical training and mechanical aptitude a plus, not required
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Physical Demands
- Push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Lift/carry up to 100 pounds
- Lift bulky objects
- Neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, reach and lift, ladder climb and carrying/crawling.
- Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
- Working at heights from manlifts, platforms and elevated walkways may be required and would require wearing safety harness.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist