Plant City, Florida
Sales Internships provide the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop though hands on experience to broaden sales, communication, and business acumen skills. This is a full-time, paid summer internship, typically ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you build the necessary skills to succeed. Additional career opportunities are usually available upon conclusion of a successful internship, including placement within our Sales Development Program.
- Directly work with the sales team and sales leaders in developing new prospects and following through with an entire sales cycle.
- Collaborate with both sales and service teams to accomplish wins and create engagement.
- Develop your professional skills through on-the-job learning, technical training and leadership exposure.
- Develop the ability to build relationships with customers at varying levels of seniority.
- Develop an understanding of what each department does within the organization through cross functional meetings and information sessions.
- Develop industry knowledge through product training.
- Presents a report out presentation describing the internship experience.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong interest in sales, lead generation, or outbound calling.
- Ability to commit to a 10-12 Week summer program.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Desire to learn.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires an undergraduate student working towards a bachelor's degree in their junior or senior year of study with an interest in a career in sales.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist