Warehouse Associate (Full-Time)
We are a Parts Store and SO much more and we are looking for even more great talent to join our NAPA family! We have lots of parts available to our customers and this role as a Warehouse Associate plays a major part in getting these parts from our warehouse/stockroom to our stores. Think about how great you will feel in knowing that you made a difference in someone’s life by getting them the part(s) that they needed from our warehouse!
What you’ll be doing:
- Expedite incoming and outgoing freight in our NAPA Distribution Center Warehouse. You will receive, stock, pull, stage, load and ship freight.
- Process inventory and maximize warehouse space usage
- Check, verify, load, stock and pull inventory to meet store and customer orders.
- Unpack incoming parts shipments from suppliers.
- Pulls all orders for standard customer stock orders, special orders, and the demands of the main counter and will-call accurately and as completely as possible, routing products as appropriate and meeting the prescribed picking quota set by management.
- Uses the electronic scan-gun, reviews out-bound customer orders for pulling accuracy, ensures safe packing of the orders for shipment to customers, and properly labels shipping trays/packages in accordance with D.O.T. standards and hazardous material regulations and procedures.
- Cleans up and disposes boxes, packing material, and pallets, as well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line areas. Follows and adheres to all safety rules including the handling of hazardous materials. Loads customer orders into delivery trucks in proper sequence and according to freight bills.
- Perform daily inspections of appropriate motorized and manual equipment which includes lift gate, pallet jack and hand truck, radio frequency scanners and printers.
- Operate warehouse machinery in accordance with established safety procedures as needed to maintain the warehouse stock.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Genuinely enjoy working in warehouse environments with a team that makes a difference
- Love the hustle – Our warehouses are busy, yet fun places!
- Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career – the opportunities are endless at NAPA!
- Have availability to work between the hours of 7AM-8PM M-F with occasional weekend work
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a distribution center and/or warehouse environment – Awesome if you have ever used RF scanning equipment - Not a deal breaker if you don’t have this.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts of up to 75 pounds and push/pull 300 pounds using hitch-and-go dolly. Able to push/pull up to 300 lbs. using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to move engine blocks and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, dollies, motorized carts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Able to repeatedly bend or stoop to ground level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (8 feet) with the use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper identification of parts for placement in the facility, including identifying sequence of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
- Basic understanding and capable of operating a computer terminal.
- Able to write legibly and be able to read, understand written/verbal instructions, and communicate to other team members.
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, climb, push and pull and move at a quick speed of pace
- Must be able to work in a drug free atmosphere.
What’s in it for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Competitive Pay
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity, finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are the same!
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from multiple leaders/your team
Day in the Life:
We know you have lots of career choices as a Warehouse Associate, but we think this role and working with NAPA is a great opportunity for the right person! If this job sounds like a fit, please check out this story from an awesome NAPA Warehouse/Stockroom Associate. We want you to have all the information that you need to make sure that this is a fit for you! Our hopes are that these stories either excite you to apply or maybe not so much – Either way we appreciate you stopping by today!
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you and will be in touch! If you decide that this role is not for you, please check out some of our other great careers by visiting NAPAautojobs.com
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist