Store, Customer Support Specialist
The Customer Support Specialist (CSS) is responsible for generating and increasing sales through outbound sales calls. This role is 100% phone based – making 50+ outbound calls per day. The CSS will service, maintain and increase sales revenue, gross profit dollars and maximize the GP% for assigned accounts. The CSS should be comfortable with customer issues and be able to provide a best-in-class customer experience.
Position Performance Measures:
- Outbound Sales Presentations (Calls)
- Sales Results
- Profit Results
- Proactively makes 50 + daily outbound calls with assigned existing account base across multiple locations to engage and further develop sales opportunities.
- Properly maintains accounts (AR’s) within the NAPA systems including sending credit applications, credit card tokenization, tax exemptions, and any other setup needs to enable customer purchases.
- Account management – Develop and maintain strong relationships and consistent communication with assigned accounts to promote our products & services.
- Works closely with decision makers to expand volume business by identifying, quoting, & converting sales on products not currently being purchased.
- Works with NAPA DC representatives on order entry, tracking, and other technical needs.
- Effectively partners and works across store and division teams to ensure proper execution of customer needs.
- Diligently updates CRM, to stay current on account follow-ups and active quoting opportunities.
- Presents Ecommerce capabilities to all assigned accounts and trains customers on these tools as assistance is needed making it easy to do business.
- Leverage the knowledge of your team members, our tools, and ongoing development opportunities to master your sales pitch.
- Be able to meet daily outbound calling expectations and KPI’s.
- Positively participates with peers in daily scripting and role-playing activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- 1-2 years of sales experience with commission-based sales environment
- Customer service, call center and/or experience dealing with the public is helpful
- High school diploma. A college degree is preferred but not necessary
- Strong sales experience in making proactive outbound calls with the capability of understanding customer pain points, product requirements, and identifying potential add on sales opportunities
- Reliable, organized, detailed, focused, along with demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with field sales teams
- Strong and professional communication skills; written, verbal, and presentation along with active listening
- Proven business development success through effective use of core sales tools such as CRM, LinkedIn, and Microsoft Office (especially Outlook and Excel)
- Ability to multi-task with requests and efficiently manage time while achieving sales growth goals from assigned accounts
- Proactive and possesses a strong sense of urgency for reaching sales goals
- Has Drive, Grit, and a Team Oriented “Play to Win” attitude
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to navigate rejections/objections
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
This job is typically performed in an office or store environment under usual working conditions. The work requires the ability to sit for prolonged periods at desk and working on a computer and telephone use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision and distance vision.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist