New Bedford, Massachusetts
Under limited supervision, the Demand Planner improves the accuracy and reliability of the Demand Plan through analyzing data, statistical models, and cross-functional collaboration. This role drives and manages the demand signals by which to align the rest of the supply chain and company resources. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
• Manages Sales Line forecasts and develops rolling six to twelve month line level demand plans.
• Maintains twelve month promotional calendar in conjunction with Sales and Marketing.
• Monitors promotions, events, and market conditions to ensure accurate demand plans.
• Develops New Item Introduction and Life Cycle Plans.
• Maintains metrics/scorecards on KPI's of forecast accuracy and forecast bias, service, and total sales vs. quota.
• Tracks performance and provides analysis of actual versus demand plan.
• Provides analysis and support for SKU rationalization and other business initiatives.
• Provides analysis and reports as required in support of KPI improvement.
• Leads the pre-consensus discussion from a demand/forecasting perspective at Sales Line level.
• Works proactively with Sales, Marketing, and Supply Chain to identify trends and refines the demand plan.
• Develops, monitors and communicates reports on forecast accuracy to Business Unit and Supply Chain while driving continuous improvement.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Typically requires a bachelor's degree in supply chain, logistics, industrial distribution or related field and three (3) to five (5) years of related experience or the equivalent combination.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook etc.).
• Strong analytical skills.
• Demonstrated success in problem solving.
• Strong project management, process and conceptual skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills for presentations to all levels of customer and management.
• Financial acumen coupled with effective inter-personal style.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously.
• Strong knowledge with Qlik, R, Python, or other statistical programs.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist