Millerton, New York
As a retail associate, you are expected to learn the NAPA brand — the market and who our customers are. Eagerness to learn and grow with the company is highly appreciated. Knowing your customers and products are such a big impact to daily business, don't be afraid to work with your team and ask questions — willingness to take initiative is a top tier trait.
What makes a successful Retail employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Centric
- Team player
Counter Sales Path to Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager Path to Store Manager
Store Manager Path to District Manager
District Manager End of path
Group Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Do you have a passion for leading others, driving growth and profits Perhaps you have a background in automotive, fleet, heavy equipment, dealership or retail industry If the answer is yes, we have the perfect opportunity for you. We are seeking an experienced, energetic and driven Store Manager to join our growing auto parts team. This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Love Retail
- Can consistently demonstrate true leadership with vision, collaboration, trust, respect and effectiveness while operating a market leading NAPA store.
- Know how to take full responsibility for P&L while mapping out initiatives and business plans for the store and solving roadblock issues.
- Identify new customers and revenue opportunities for the store
- Shift into high gear in a fast-paced retail store environment
- Help outside sales in identifying, developing and maintaining wholesale accounts
- Build, guiding and developing an engaged crew team to deliver checkered flag levels of customer care and business results
- Steer towards continuous improvement in processes and procedures
- Protect and maintaining the security of store assets
- Display pride in navigating a store recognized for safety and appearance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Passion for delivering customer care and building long term relationships
- Knowledge of inventory controls, stocking levels and seasonal shifts is a plus
- Personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish business goals
- Customer focus and high energy in our fast-paced stores
- Ability to operate a cash register and navigating computer and paper catalog systems
- Passion for delivering customer care in a strong team environment
- And if you have this, even better:
- Technical or Trade school courses or degree
- Background and/or passion for automotive industry, heavy equipment, farm industry, diesel, marine, or dealership.
- Experience in a parts store, auction, retail store, auto body/collision, or fast food/restaurant/convenience store management experience
- Entirely customer-centric (external/internal)
- ASE Certifications
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Bonus opportunity
- Salary: From $62000 per year
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
If this role sounds like a fit, please take the time to complete our super quick and easy application. We are excited and humbled that you are considering NAPA as hopefully your future employer.
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you and we will be in touch! If you decide that this role is not for you, please check out some of our other great careers by visiting jobs.genpt.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
A day in the life includes anything and everything about running a store. It could be taking care of personnel and helping them get what they need, taking care of customers, finding parts, working with my customer service representative who's out helping customers, every day is different.Jeremiah Reynolds NAPA Store Manager
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Millerton, New York.Explore the Area