Field Service Tech
Under general supervision, the Field Service Technician performs moderately complex customer support activities for equipment and systems products such as hydraulics, component repair, welding, and relatively complex equipment. The Field Service Technician performs repair, preventative maintenance and installation with regional responsibility for equipment and systems.
- Performs on-site emergency repair, preventative maintenance, and installation on a 24/7 on-call basis.
- Responsible for the installation, diagnostics, repair and support for products that are installed and operating at customers' location.
- Determines when products should be upgraded or replaced.
- Provides technical support and training to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
- Serves as customer contact on technical and service-related problems.
- Works under direct supervision and follows detailed guidelines to work on moderately complex repairs and installations.
- Ensures that processes and environmental conditions comply with local and national regulatory agencies, and Motion's safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typically requires formal technical training beyond high school and one (1) to (2) years related experience.
- Ability to read hydraulic schematics.
- Strong communication skills required.
- Ability to operate shop equipment safely.
- Push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Lift/carry up to 100 pounds
- Lift bulky objects
- Neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, reach and lift, ladder climb and carrying/crawling.
- Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
This job description illustrates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job classification.It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Management retains the right to add or modify duties at any time.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist