Madison Heights, Michigan; Montgomery, Alabama
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
The Optimization Manager leads projects with Inventory, Purchasing, Logistics, Distribution and Fulfillment Centers, and other functional areas providing research and data analytics for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Coordinate strategic direction. Develops and implements new processes and procedures to increase efficiencies.
- Conducts high level research projects and ongoing analysis to ensure effectiveness of new processes and procedures. Reviews and revises as needed.
- Works closely with various departments to validate and obtain data.
- Travels to conduct on site optimization analysis as needed.
- Manages a team of professional employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Utilizes data to provide research and develop a path forward. Identifies gaps and opportunities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires a bachelors degree in business, statistics, analytics, or an equivalent field and five (5) or more years of experience or an equivalent combination.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Strong critical listening skills to be able to listen and determine the essence of what is being said.
- Accounting, auditing, inventory and Qlik experience preferred.
- Strong financial acumen skills.
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Ability to travel
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- 0-5 Direct Reports
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
Motion offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Madison Heights, Michigan.Explore the Area