This position will be responsible for, among other things, stages, shrink wraps and loads products by trip number and store number as it is received from the packing and pulling areas of the stockroom. Prepares palletized loads for shipment by shrink-wrapping product to ensure safe transportation or storage, including safe and proper balancing and placement of products. Additionally, this position assists with safe and proper pallet building and selects products for specific routes.
- Stages product on pallets, shrink wraps to prevent loss, and loads pallets on trucks
- Inspects trailers for suitability before loading
- Ensures correct parts are placed on the correct truck – packs the right parts for delivery to the right customers with accuracy and speed, maps out the organization of loading customer orders from skids to trucks
- Operates pallet jack or forklift as needed
- Maintains the integrity of products through proper handling and storage
- Keeps work area clean to avoid potential accidents and to allow for rapid loading
- Pulls stock orders until time to load trucks as needed
- Assists with processing other DC shuttles
- Works in a safe manner following all safety procedures, rules and regulations
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or 6 months of equivalent work experience required
- Forklift certified preferred
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance
- Able to speak clearly and listen attentively
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and aurally) and remembering their sequence
- Should have basic computer usage skills
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 60 lbs.
- Able to push/pull up to 300 lbs. using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary
- Must be able to get in and out of the back of truck with parts while using a ramp when necessary
- Able to stand and walk for entire work shift
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, hazardous materials, outside weather conditions of extreme heat and cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist