Counter Sales Associate
As a retail associate, you are expected to learn the NAPA brand — the market and who our customers are. Eagerness to learn and grow with the company is highly appreciated. Knowing your customers and products are such a big impact to daily business, don't be afraid to work with your team and ask questions — willingness to take initiative is a top tier trait.
What makes a successful Retail employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Centric
- Team player
Counter Sales Path to Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager Path to Store Manager
Store Manager Path to District Manager
District Manager End of path
Group Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
A day in the life includes anything and everything about running a store. It could be taking care of personnel and helping them get what they need, taking care of customers, finding parts, working with my customer service representative who's out helping customers, every day is different.Jeremiah Reynolds NAPA Store Manager
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
NAPA is a Parts Store and So much more! We are driven to have the best people on our team to get the right parts to the right place at the right time.
This is the ideal role for a person who truly cares about providing outstanding customer care and interactions with everyone who they come in contact with! As an Automotive Counter Parts Sales person, you are looked at as the “face of the retail store” and the go to person as soon as our customers enter our retail stores.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
• Genuinely enjoy helping our retail and wholesale customers with their auto parts and service questions.
• Have gained your parts experience by working the automotive industry or have gained your experience tinkering with/repairing cars & trucks through the years
• You are willing to learn all things automotive if you don’t have the background in automotive parts.
• Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career – the opportunities are endless!
A Day in the life:
• Provide auto parts answers and solutions for our retail and wholesale customers
• Bring customer focus and high energy to our fast-paced stores
• Welcome retail customers into our retail stores and engage to provide a positive consumer experience
• Use technology (computer), cash register, telephone, and paper catalog system
• Use your parts knowledge to assist other NAPA team members answer questions for customers
What you’ll need:
• Previous experience in a parts store or automotive industry or at least a willingness to learn all things auto parts.
• High School Diploma or GED. Technical or Trade school courses or degree.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Love fast paced retail environments
And if you have this, even better:
• Background and/or passion for automotive industry, heavy equipment, farm industry, diesel, marine, or dealership.
• Experience in a parts store, auction, retail store, auto body/collision
• Knowledge of cataloging AND/OR inventory management systems, a plus
• Entirely customer-centric (external/internal)
• ASE Certifications
• NAPA Know How
• Past experience working for an Independently owned parts store
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
• Outstanding health benefits and 401K
• Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
• Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
• Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
- Additional information for you:
NAPA has great careers for people with all backgrounds and interests. So if after reading this, you don’t think that it is the perfect fit for you, check out a few of our cool day in the life career videos from our awesome employees by visiting Jobs.genpt.com. While on our career site, check out the list of the many other diverse roles we have as well.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Lebanon, Ohio.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs