Warehouse Associate (10am - 7pm)
Our warehouse employees are an essential part of ensuring business success. As a member of the team, you will have an impact on the bottom line by ensuring the customer experience is complete with accurate, on-time fulfillment. A role within the warehouse provides the opportunity to learn about our products, create meaningful connections with your teammates, and adjust to the changing needs of our business.
What makes a successful Warehouse employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Team Lead Path to Stock Room Manager
Stock Room Manager Path to Warehouse Manager
Warehouse Manager End of Path
As long as you show up on time and do your job you'll be alright. The day-to-day is fast paced and simple. I know what to expect every day and I enjoy getting my work done so I can go help others.Leonora Parker NAPA Stockroom Associate
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
We are a Parts Store and SO much more and we are looking for even more great talent to join our NAPA family! We have lots of parts available to our customers and this role as a Warehouse Associate plays a major part in getting these parts from our warehouse/stockroom to our stores. Think about how great you will feel in knowing that you made a difference in someone’s life by getting them the part(s) that they needed from our warehouse!
What you’ll be doing:
- Expedite incoming and outgoing freight in our NAPA Distribution Center Warehouse. You will receive, stock, pull, stage, load and ship freight.
- Process inventory and maximize warehouse space usage
- Check, verify, load, stock and pull inventory to meet store and customer orders.
- Unpack incoming parts shipments from suppliers.
- Pulls all orders for standard customer stock orders, special orders, and the demands of the main counter and will-call accurately and as completely as possible, routing products as appropriate and meeting the prescribed picking quota set by management.
- Uses the electronic scan-gun, reviews out-bound customer orders for pulling accuracy, ensures safe packing of the orders for shipment to customers, and properly labels shipping trays/packages in accordance with D.O.T. standards and hazardous material regulations and procedures.
- Cleans up and disposes boxes, packing material, and pallets, as well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line areas. Follows and adheres to all safety rules including the handling of hazardous materials. Loads customer orders into delivery trucks in proper sequence and according to freight bills.
- Perform daily inspections of appropriate motorized and manual equipment which includes lift gate, pallet jack and hand truck, radio frequency scanners and printers.
- Operate warehouse machinery in accordance with established safety procedures as needed to maintain the warehouse stock.
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Genuinely enjoy working in warehouse environments with a team that makes a difference
- Love the hustle – Our warehouses are busy, yet fun places!
- Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career – the opportunities are endless at NAPA!
- Have availability to work between the hours of 7AM-8PM M-F with occasional weekend work
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience in a distribution center and/or warehouse environment – Awesome if you have ever used RF scanning equipment - Not a deal breaker if you don’t have this.
- Capable of lifting and moving parts of up to 75 pounds and push/pull 300 pounds using hitch-and-go dolly. Able to push/pull up to 300 lbs. using mechanical aids, such as hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Able to move engine blocks and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, dollies, motorized carts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Able to repeatedly bend or stoop to ground level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (8 feet) with the use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper identification of parts for placement in the facility, including identifying sequence of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
- Basic understanding and capable of operating a computer terminal.
- Able to write legibly and be able to read, understand written/verbal instructions, and communicate to other team members.
- Ability to bend, twist, squat, climb, push and pull and move at a quick speed of pace
- Must be able to work in a drug free atmosphere.
What’s in it for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Competitive Pay
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity, finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are the same!
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from multiple leaders/your team
If this role sounds like a fit, please take the time to complete our super quick and easy application. We are excited and humbled that you are considering NAPA as hopefully your future employer.
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you and we will be in touch! If you decide that this role is not for you, please check out some of our other great careers by visiting jobs.genpt.com
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Laurel, Maryland.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs