Latham, New York
As a retail associate, you are expected to learn the NAPA brand — the market and who our customers are. Eagerness to learn and grow with the company is highly appreciated. Knowing your customers and products are such a big impact to daily business, don't be afraid to work with your team and ask questions — willingness to take initiative is a top tier trait.
What makes a successful Retail employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Centric
- Team player
Counter Sales Path to Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager Path to Store Manager
Store Manager Path to District Manager
District Manager End of path
Group Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
A day in the life includes anything and everything about running a store. It could be taking care of personnel and helping them get what they need, taking care of customers, finding parts, working with my customer service representative who's out helping customers, every day is different.Jeremiah Reynolds NAPA Store Manager
By joining our diverse and supportive retail team, you’ll be part of a genuine work family that gives its all to customers every day. You’ll also discover a culture that values integrity, innovation, and ingenuity. Whatever your background, skills, and experience, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work. Because ultimately, going the extra mile to care and respect our people, customers, suppliers, and communities is in our DNA.
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
We are seeking an experienced and high energy Area Manager to join our growing auto parts team. The Area Manager is primarily focused on implementing the sales strategy for Company owned stores in assigned Area to achieve maximum market penetration, drive market growth, and increase sales and profitability. If you seek a leadership position with opportunities to learn, train and grow even further, explore the potential in our Area Manager opportunity.
- Implement the sales strategy for the District in assigned Area. Develop, execute and administer sales performance enhancing metrics, monitor results against plan, and enhance results through adjustments to business plan.
- Identify new customers and revenue opportunities for District, and implement strategies and initiatives to capture them.
- Build store teams that consistently deliver high levels of customer service and business results. Coach team to achieve success in sales, profits and turnover.
- Open new stores to drive growth in New Distribution Channels. Manage proposals and oversee all aspects of store and people development.
- Develop and manage turnaround plan for under performing stores by assessing customer requirements and addressing operational and people issues.
- Develop leads for new accounts, calling on key decision makers to present the value proposition of NAPA. Create RFP¿ s and proposals for potential accounts.
- Build relationships with business owners/account decision makers.
- Develop, implement and drive business initiatives related to improving distribution channels, including: assessing and pursuing mergers and acquisitions, managing the planning of store resets, managing store moves.
- Accountable for achieving assigned financial objectives and quotas.
- Manage assets of business including, but not limited to purchasing, receivables, equipment, fleet and inventory, including the disposal of old stock. Coach for improved performance.
- Review and interpret financial and operating information. Make adjustments as appropriate take action based on projections to improve performance.
- Conduct P&L reviews with company Store Managers. Assess performance and develop a plan of action as needed.
- Actively lead the process to source, select and train new team members.
- Build store bench strength through development of skills and careers.
- Partner with HR in the areas of hiring, development, coaching and promotional opportunities.
- Demand high standards of performance. Ensure appropriate standards are met as relates to employee coaching, discipline documentation, and terminations.
- A 4 year degree or equivalent Automotive Aftermarket experience.
- Solid knowledge of NAPA store operations.
- Demonstrated ability to grow customer base to consistently meet or exceed sales and profit quotas.
- Direct store experience required. P & L analysis experience preferred.
- Sales driven and customer focused.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizes, and leverage electronic communications.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong sense of urgency.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Latham, New York.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs