Store Manager - Lake Placid
Lake Placid, New York
Do you have a passion for leading others, driving growth and profits Perhaps you have a background in automotive, fleet, heavy equipment, dealership or retail industry If the answer is yes, we have the perfect opportunity for you. We are seeking an experienced, energetic and driven Store Manager to join our growing auto parts team. This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Love Retail
- Can consistently demonstrate true leadership with vision, collaboration, trust, respect and effectiveness while operating a market leading NAPA store.
- Know how to take full responsibility for P&L while mapping out initiatives and business plans for the store and solving roadblock issues.
- Identify new customers and revenue opportunities for the store
- Shift into high gear in a fast-paced retail store environment
- Help outside sales in identifying, developing and maintaining wholesale accounts
- Build, guiding and developing an engaged crew team to deliver checkered flag levels of customer care and business results
- Steer towards continuous improvement in processes and procedures
- Protect and maintaining the security of store assets
- Display pride in navigating a store recognized for safety and appearance
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Passion for delivering customer care and building long term relationships
- Knowledge of inventory controls, stocking levels and seasonal shifts is a plus
- Personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish business goals
- Customer focus and high energy in our fast-paced stores
- Ability to operate a cash register and navigating computer and paper catalog systems
- Passion for delivering customer care in a strong team environment
- And if you have this, even better:
- Technical or Trade school courses or degree
- Background and/or passion for automotive industry, heavy equipment, farm industry, diesel, marine, or dealership.
- Experience in a parts store, auction, retail store, auto body/collision, or fast food/restaurant/convenience store management experience
- Entirely customer-centric (external/internal)
- ASE Certifications
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Bonus opportunity
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a family feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
If this role sounds like a fit, please take the time to complete our super quick and easy application. We are excited and humbled that you are considering NAPA as hopefully your future employer.
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you and we will be in touch! If you decide that this role is not for you, please check out some of our other great careers by visiting jobs.genpt.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist