Sales Development Representative
Our sales employees are the face of Motion by being the first person our customers interact with. As a member of the Motion Sales team, you will determine which products our customers need to keep their businesses in motion. You'll leverage your deep product knowledge, strong customer service, and adaptability. A role at Motion provides opportunities for growth, content learning, and you have an impact on so many companies.
What makes a successful Sales employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team player
Customer Service Rep Path to Account Rep
Account Rep Path to Branch Manager
Branch Manager Path to Sales Manager
Sales Manager Path to Division Vice President
Division Vice President End of path
Group Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative role professionally represents Motion Industries to our customers with the knowledge and skills to provide them the product or service they need. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Proactively makes 50 + outbound calls with assigned existing account base across multiple branch locations to engage and further develop sales opportunities.
- Works closely with decision makers to expand volume business by identifying, quoting, & converting sales on products not currently being purchased.
- Works with Motion customer service representatives on order entry, tracking, and other technical needs.
- Effectively partners and works across branch and division teams to ensure proper execution of customer needs.
- Diligently updates CRM, to stay current on account follow-ups and active quoting opportunities.
- Presents Ecommerce capabilities to all assigned accounts and trains customers on these tools as assistance is needed making it easy to do business.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Strong sales experience in making proactive outbound calls with the capability of understanding customer pain points, product requirements, and identifying potential add on sales opportunities
- Reliable, organized, detailed, focused, along with demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with field sales teams
- Strong and professional communication skills; written, verbal, and presentation
- Proven business development success through effective use of core sales tools such as CRM, LinkedIn, and Microsoft Office (especially Outlook and Excel)
- Ability to multi-task with requests and efficiently manage time while achieving sales growth goals from assigned accounts
- Proactive and possesses a strong sense of urgency for reaching sales goals
- Has Drive, Grit, and a Team Oriented “Play to Win” attitude
- Positive attitude and demonstrated ability to deal with rejection
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Irondale, Alabama.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs