Product Owner COE Lead
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Under limited supervision, the Product Owner Center of Excellence (COE) Lead is
responsible for defining the overall Product vision, innovation, and helps guide the
product development Product within Motion IT. This role provides industry knowledge and
leadership, and supports existing Product owners to help identify the customer,
stakeholder, and the development teams needs, and works with each cross-functional
scrum team. This role establishes industry best practices, relevant metrics/KPI’s, and
implements standards & procedures to optimize and accelerate software delivery across
the various scrum teams. This role has dotted line supervisory responsibility over all
scrum team Product owners, and works closely with Software Development Managers &
COE Leads/Managers (Quality Assurance & Scrum) to ensure process consistency, high
quality, and repeatable execution of software delivery across Motion, from start to finish.
The role liases closely with scrum masters and Product owners across the various scrum
teams, and establishes best practices across all scrum teams via the Product Owner
• Facilitates periodic meetings with all scrum team Product owners, and provides
leadership and guidance to Product owners around industry best practices. Develops
standardized, repeatable, best practice processes and procedures around the use of
related software, involving SDLC processes and product development.
• Analyzes preferences and requests of customers and defines product features according
to customer needs.
• Reviews backlog for sprint planning, including coordination of dependencies.
• Assesses/analyzes user story quality and performance in production environment.
• Analyzes impact of proposed solutions across the business, develops use case to explain
business requirements to IT team and contributes a business process perspective during
• Leads the product functional design Product based on knowledge of the users and
• Owns, develops and executes product roadmap.
• Collaborates with business owners, product scrum team, and stakeholders to establish
timelines, workflows and goals.
• Assists the scrum and product development teams to meet the objectives of each sprint.
• Participates in design sessions to gain insights into end user and customer needs.
• Investigates, analyzes, validates and resolves issues while working closely with the
• Works with users to understand customer experience, at both a tactical and transactional
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems and ten
(10) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to identify,
analyze, and synthesize product use data and use that data to drive decisions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate
with technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong presentation skills.
• In-depth knowledge of Agile methodologies.
• Strong knowledge of the product lifecycle, business processes, system development and
• Strong relationship-building skills.
• Ability to collaborate and influence.
• Ability to foster a climate conducive to establishing positive working relationships with
• Accurate and precise attention to detail.
• Experience with Aha! road mapping tool, as well as Azure DevOps software.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: Certified Product Owner (CPO) or Certified Scrum
Product Owner (CSPO) preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: 5-10 Indirect Reports
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No
Motion offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage,
401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Irondale, Alabama.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs