Enterprise Excellence Intern
This is a full-time, paid summer internship, typically ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you build the necessary skills to succeed. Additional career opportunities are usually available upon conclusion of a successful internship, including placement within Motion.
The Optimization Analyst Intern will work with Inventory, Purchasing, Logistics, Distribution and Fulfillment Centers, and other functional areas providing research and data analytics for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Utilizes data to provide research and develop a path forward. Identifies gaps and
- Helps coordinate strategic direction. Develops and implements new processes and
- procedures to increase efficiencies.
- Conducts high level research projects and ongoing analysis to ensure effectiveness of
- new processes and procedures. Reviews and revises as needed.
- May provide project management support to the Optimization Manager or other functional
- Works closely with various departments to validate and obtain data.
- Gathers and analyzes data from the field with Excel and Qlik. Develops dashboards and
- other reporting tools to monitor data.
- Travels to conduct on site optimization analysis as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to
- back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and
- in writing.
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Strong critical listening skills to be able to listen and determine the essence of what is
- being said.
- Accounting, auditing, inventory and Qlik experience preferred.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong financial acumen skills.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist