Digital Training Specialist
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
Our corporate employees are critical to the success of our business by providing services the rest of our business relies on. Corporate employees support our strategy and the service & sales efforts of the entire organization. As a corporate employee, you will have opportunities for professional growth and development, career advancement and coaching. You'll get to make big impacts to our business processess and help with continually improving our employee experience through the work that you do.
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Under limited supervision, the Digital Training Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering technology to deliver online employee and customer training. Develops user training policies, tests and evaluates new features or upgrades, and coordinates activities between vendors and IT to manage systems and data transfers. Assesses unusual circumstances and uses sophisticated analytical and problem solving techniques to identify cause. Resolves and assesses a wide range of issues in creative ways and suggests variations in approach.
• Administers and troubleshoots Learning Management System (LMS), specifically, as it relates to making learning assets compatible with the platform.
• Uses Learner Experience Platform (LXP) as it relates to designing program paths (Visual and Flow).
• Creates and upgrades existing e-learning and classroom content, both technical and professional development (soft skill) modules.
• Works with SMEs, vendors, employees and contractors to meet the training content creation needs of the business.
• Analyzes employee learning needs and partners with subject matter experts and business management to provide input for course content.
• Plans and coordinates skills assessments and training. Provides instruction and guidance to trainers; may facilitate training during introduction of new courses.
• Develops and monitors metrics for evaluating training and development effectiveness May include the design of computer-based training programs. May select and/or oversee vendors to develop training content or conduct training.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a bachelor's degree and five (5) to seven (7) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Ability to educate self on new technology and practices.
• Comfortable with learning and development authoring tools such as Articulate Presenter, Storyline, Adobe Creative Suite, Vimeo and Camtasia
• Experience creating gamification for learning a plus
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Irondale, Alabama.Explore the Area