NAPA Human Resources Assistant
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Are you a multi-tasking machine? Are you an amazing HR Assistant who has mastered Administrative Assistant roles, while completely supporting the daily operations as an HR Assistant? Well, if you have answered yes, we have the perfect role for you!
This Role may be for you if you:
- Have a passion and excitement for multi-tasking and the ability to switch responsibilities effortlessly. You will be doing this a lot!
- Entirely customer-centric (your customer reach is vast internally/externally so you must be able to work with many departments, employees, leaders, job candidates, and new hires as well
- Great energy and “let’s get it done” spirit!
- Laser focused, organized, and event planner like personality. So basically, we need you to be pretty-fast, think long-tern, be super organized along with attention to even the small details
- Offer creativity and process improvement when you see that something can be done better/faster!
- Always positive, team oriented attitude, consistent and thorough follow up
- Tech savviness. You have the strong ability to navigate through various software programs and social media platforms. We need you to be able to “rock” an excel spreadsheet like no-one else!
- Are diplomatic and have an exceptionally clear communication style
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms and reports, arranging meetings, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy and tracking deadlines
- Arrange and coordinates meetings and events and recommends resources, as needed
- Coordinate meetings and onsite events
- Assist new hires with onboarding/training
HR - Benefits – Employee Relations - Leave - Pay:
- Prepare source documentation needed for new hires, or effective changes in pay, status, salary payments/adjustments, or health benefits
- Manage sensitive and confidential matters like personnel relations, employee relations, payroll data and organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files
- Respond to and puts through various queries from managers and employees, and from other agencies or departments
- Interpret, assist and advise employees and managers regarding cooperative agreement applications, leave management and benefit administration, and HR procedures and policies within the specified guidelines
- Conduct research, gathers data and statistical reports, and maintains statistical information
- Resolve issues and inquires in the event of the HR Manager’s absence
- Interact with and supply information to employees and department heads
- Manage Annual/New Hire Safety training, Driver training records and MVR records
What we need from you:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 3 years of HR Administrative/Executive Administrative experience preferred
- General knowledge and understanding of current HR policies and practices
- Experience in HRIS, compensation, benefits or payroll is preferred
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of recruitment process
- Super savvy with the complete Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to present information in forms, tables, and spreadsheets
- Possesses excellent multi-tasking, organizational skills and Planning skills and pay close attention to details
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (possessing strong written and verbal interpersonal skills)
- Demonstrated self-starter (proactive, taking initiative), have a strong sense of urgency to accomplish all company goals and respond to customers
- Able to handle demanding deadlines, mange time effectively, prioritize tasks and follow-up as necessitated
- Possesses a high degree of professionalism and high character (always dealing fairly with employees, vendors and customers)
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Should be committed to diversity and equality culture
- Knowledge of DOT process/compliance
- Required proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Why NAPA may just be the right place for you:
- Free coffee and popcorn (that is still a perk, right?)
- Awesome people and brand
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company. Fortune 200 with a “family” feel
- Company Culture that works hard, yet takes care of employees
- Opportunity for accessing multiple career paths, ongoing development, with support from leaders and your team
If this role sounds like a fit, please take the time to complete our super quick and easy application. We are excited and humbled that you are considering NAPA as hopefully your future employer.
Please apply if you think this is a great fit for you and we will be in touch! If you decide that this role is not for you, please check out some of our other great careers by visiting jobs.genpt.com
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Indianapolis, Indiana.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs