Our Shop employees are there to ensure that the quality of the product is perfect before being sent to customers.This means the employees in this position need to work quickly and efficiently to be sure to meet the customer's demands. Since the shop directly impacts the value of our business and our customer satisfaction, it is important for all shop employees to be able to hold each other accountable to ensure everything operates smoothly.
- Status:Full Time
What makes a successful Service Technician? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team player
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Under direct supervision, the Service Technician repairs, services, and builds standard and custom systems for hydraulic, fluid power, electrical, and mechanical systems.
- Disassembles, cleans, and inspects system components for repair.
- Diagnoses system components and recommends a solution to the customer.
- Prepares job form listing parts and works necessary to perform the repair.
- Designs, fabricates, machines, and welds parts and components.
- Repairs hydraulic, fluid power, electrical, and mechanical systems. and other related items.
- Assembles new and repaired equipment.
- Tests repaired equipment for performance and prepares for shipment or long-term storage.
- Assist customers by answering specific technical questions to help the customer understand the work to be done.
- May provide quotes or take customer orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs maintenance on assigned customer products that come through the service shop.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires a high school diploma or GED.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills required.
- Basic mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to operate shop equipment safely.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to read hydraulic schematics.
- Push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Lift/carry up to 100 pounds
- Lift bulky objects
- Neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, reach and lift, ladder climb and carry, crawling.
- Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Driver's License.
- No Supervisory Responsibility
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs