Greensboro, North Carolina
The Operations Manager develops, manages, and delivers support services to our sales force. This role is responsible for the administrative services of sales. The Operations Manager acts as liaison between customers, our sales force, and distribution.
- Trains sales staff on sales related systems, databases, and associated processes.
- Provides customer support including, order processing, advising customers of product shortages, expected delivery dates, and price changes.
- Implements and maintains pricing per established policies.
- Manages collections process and maintains overall responsibility for outstanding invoices.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable activities within the branch including expense, inventory and freight invoices, and debit memos.
- Prepares reports related to customer inquiries, sales trends, customer complaints, delivery or service problems.
- Assists customers and suppliers to resolve order problems.
- Manages inventory for Branch, including the day-to-day maintenance of inventory levels through replenishing stock to meet annual turn goals.
- May fill in for other lower level roles within the branch.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains all sales support activities at the branch.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and two (2) or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to all levels of employees.
- Industry and sales experience preferred.
- Ability to perform financial calculations and generate reports.
- Demonstrated people and leadership skills with a record of achieving positive business results.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects.
- Professional, self-motivated employee with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exemplary work ethic and decision making ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- May be required to be on-call on nights or weekends, depending on need.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: None required.
- 5-10 Direct Reports
- 0-5 Direct Reports
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist