Motion Fluid Power Solutions is a division of Motion. We are seeking a Hydraulic Technician to join our team. This exciting opportunity involves under close supervision, fabricating, modifying, and assembling hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical systems. Apply fluid power theory and related knowledge to build operational industrial hydraulic systems and applications.
- Follow basic diagrams and drawings to build and assemble standard hydraulic power unit systems, sub-assemblies and components
- Fabricate required external hardware for hydraulic systems
- Perform basic tube bending to prepare, assemble, and install various types of industrial tubing for pneumatic, hydraulic, structural, and electrical applications
- Prepare, assemble, and install various types of mechanical and electrical items
- Obtain certifications on applicable products such as parflange, hose crimping, PTAC, MIG and/or TIG welding, etc.
- Build and assemble hydraulic power unit systems, sub-assemblies and components per engineered drawings
- Read and interpret hydraulic schematics
- Communicate with supervisor on any engineering, print, or assembly discrepancies
- Fabrication of framework, brackets, fixtures, panels, etc.
- Soldering of hydraulic tubing
- Cut, bend, flare, swage, and install various types of tubing for pneumatic, hydraulic, structural, and electrical applications
- Operate various cutting and machining tools such as saws, mills, lathes, grinders, shears, breaks, plasma cutters, etc.
- Assemble, build, measure, cut, crimp, and test industrial hydraulic hose
- Assembly of mechanical or electrical systems
- Operate painting and/or finishing as required
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
- Associates' degree or technical training in related field preferred
- Basic knowledge of hydraulics or controls
- 0 - 2 years of experience in hydraulics, pneumatics, or fluid power applications
- Basic understanding of hydraulic system electrical controls and their applications
- Ability to work with basic hand and power tools
- Learning MIG and TIG welding
- Ability to perform basic mathematic calculations including addition, subtraction, fractions, measurement, and percentages
- Qualification testing, as required, to comply with current industry standards
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Greenfield, Indiana.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs