Material Handler I
Grand Prairie, Texas
Our warehouse employees are an essential part of ensuring business success. As a member of the team, you will have an impact on the bottom line by ensuring the customer experience is complete with accurate, on-time fulfillment. A role within the warehouse provides the opportunity to learn about our products, create meaningful connections with your teammates, and adjust to the changing needs of our business.
What makes a Warehouse employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Team Lead Path to Stock Room Manager
Stock Room Manager Path to Warehouse Manager
Warehouse Manager End of Path
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager.
As soon as you join us, you’ll discover our business is very close-knit and family-like. Because of this, our culture is one that’s highly collaborative and supportive. In fact, teamwork is something we place tremendous value on, alongside innovation, ingenuity, and integrity. By sharing your skills, talents and attributes with us and contributing to our success, we’ll make sure you’re rewarded, recognized, and given the opportunities you need to flourish.
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Under close supervision, the Material Handler performs physical and administrative tasks related to material handling such as shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, returns, and storage. This position lifts heavy items and operates a forklift. Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
If you are looking for a position with starting pay at $17.00/hr, progressive raises for the first 36 months, raises that take place every 6 months, a potential to make $53K plus annually after 3 years, then Motion Industries is your answer.
The hours for this position are 9:00am - 5:30pm
• Unloads and directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
• Verifies and records incoming and outgoing shipments within the Warehouse Management System to ensure shipments include correct product, quality, and quantity.
• Gathers, verifies, and places items into order picking container for outgoing shipments.
• Prepares packing slips, shipping labels, bills of lading, and other required documents as needed.
• Ensures warehouse work areas and equipment are clean, orderly, and properly maintained.
• Replenishes primary stock shelves from reserve stock locations as needed.
• Operates a forklift.
• May perform driving duties from time to time.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and zero (0) to two (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
• Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
• Possess the ability to comprehend and carry-out instructions provided in oral, written, and diagram format.
• Basic computer skills, including information processing required.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical functions in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Grand Prairie, Texas.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs