Design Engineering Intern
At Motion AI we strive to be the leading high-tech automation solution provider for industrial automation. Employing innovation and creative solutions we are advancing the way manufacturers produce product. We look for the best people to help us succeed, offering opportunities to learn, effect change, and make meaningful contributions. This is a place where you can make a difference.
Our summer internships provide the opportunity to learn, grow, and develop though hands on experience to broaden engineering design, documentation, and manufacturing skills.
This is a full-time, paid summer internship, typically ranging from 10-12 weeks. Throughout your internship, we provide continuous training and performance feedback to ensure you build the necessary skills to succeed. Additional career opportunities may be available upon conclusion of a successful internship, including placement within our Engineering department.
- Develop your professional skills through on-the-job learning, technical training and leadership exposure
- Become proficient in standard Motion AI engineering practices and engineering software (SolidWorks, MayCAD, DraftSight)
- Develop an understanding of what each department does within the organization
- Develop industry knowledge through product training
- Create engineered solutions for streamlining manufacturing using input from stakeholders
- Directly work with the sales team in developing new prospects and following through with an engineered solution
- Develop the ability to build relationships with internal and external customers at varying levels of seniority
- Presents a report out presentation describing the internship experience
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong interest in engineering, design, and CAD software
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to commit to a full time 10-12 week summer internship
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Desire to learn
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate student working towards a bachelor's degree in Engineering (mechanical preferred) in their senior year of study
- Interested in manufacturing
- 3.0 or greater GPA
- SolidWorks experience preferred
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist