Senior HR Business Partner
Fort Wayne, Indiana
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Are you an HR professional ready for a new opportunity? At Motion, we continually earn our place as the premier industrial solutions company by providing the preferred customer experience, energizing our talent, and delivering stakeholder value. We execute this vision by living our core values: fair, ethical, inclusive, and invested. We are a dynamic, energic team of the best in the business, and we are hiring a Senior HR Business Partner in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Motion is a subsidiary of Genuine Parts Company (GPC). We offer an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Our Senior HR Business Partners:
- Serve as the first point of contact for people-related questions and concerns ensuring outstanding customer focus by delivering value-added, best in class Human Resources support.
- Provide business partnership, thought partnership, and coaching to all levels of employees within their assigned client group(s).
- Lead employee relations investigations and work with leadership at all levels to resolve issues.
- Coach leaders on how to effectively address internal employee relations issues.
- Integrate and partner with HR centers of excellence (COEs) in Talent Acquisition and Compensation to implement solutions and help scale the business.
- Work with leaders to identify training needs, partner with the Learning & Development COE team to leverage resources, and identify opportunities to localize content and delivery.
- Partner with the Environmental Health & Safety COE with the implementation of employee wellness and safety program initiatives.
- Assist with performance management reviews and employee engagement surveys.
- Strategically engage with the Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion and Employee Experience COE team to positively impact and support inclusion initiatives.
- Interpret and advise on human resources policies and procedures to ensure employment laws, standards, or regulations are followed and applied accordingly.
- Act as a mentor to lower level HR teammates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Success in the Senior HR Business Partner role requires:
- Effective communication and critical thinking skills
- Empathy and experience driving inclusion work
- Experience cultivating trust and relationships with all levels of employees
- The ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel when needed to effectively support the business
- A bachelor's degree and five (5) to seven (7) years of HR Business Partner or HR COE experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency with Workday is a plus
- Industrial Distribution industry experience is a plus
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Fort Wayne, Indiana.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs