Eden Prairie, Minnesota
BRAAS Company seeks a qualified individual to join our Automation Engineering department. This role is located in our Eden Prairie, MN location. BRAAS provides components and systems for industrial automation including robotics, pneumatics, vision systems, rotary and linear motion control, conveyance, sensing and I/O, safety, and value add services. Activities include assisting clients and sales reps in product selection, post sale service, training customers, working with other engineers on in the department on key engineering initiatives and projects, assisting inside sales and our value add division with selection and assistance. Ideal candidate will possess strong mechanical/technical aptitude, organizational skills, and a BA in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. . Experience in Industrial Automation or related field a plus. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position is in Eden Prairie.
The Applications Engineer will:
- Become an expert technical resource for machine vision products
- Provide technical sales and post sales support to internal and external customers
- Create marketing Youtube videos to help promote the various tools and features of such products
- Own the relationship between the vision suppliers and Braas Minnesota
- Stay current with the changing technologies
- Own and manage the vision related demos and the vision lab
- Become a key member of the AE team and assist others when needed
- Adhere to all company and department policies.
- Quickly respond to requests for technical information and assistance.
- Issue technical bulletins.
- Support web-based marketing programs.
- Contribute to new product and special design projects.
- Conduct customer training & seminars.
- Complete applications engineering tasks including
- Directly interface with Sales, customers, suppliers, and colleagues to understand technical requirements and application details.
- Support Braas Robotics as well as Braas VM departments
- BSME or BSEE with 5 years minimum experience in engineering related function
- High degree of analytical and solid mechanics understanding
- Highly effective communication skills (both verbal and oral)
- Proficient in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office suite
- Frequent travel to customer sites
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist