IBS Floating Site Manager
East Meadow, New York
Position Mission: Provides management assistance in a company-owned Integrated Business Solutions (IBS) location or locations. Develops quality personnel, sets high performance standards, and uses company training resources to ensure the efforts and accomplishments of employees are recognized. Assumes responsibility for inventory protection, asset management and operational issues. Ensures overall cleanliness of the site, stock room and outside areas. Fosters a positive relationship between the customer and staff through meetings and open discussions.
- Customer Satisfaction
- Inventory Management/ROI
- Utilization of available tools for tracking value added items for the customer
- Maintain and develop local non-NAPA vendor relationships
- Responds in a timely manner to customer purchase and service questions.
- Understands, interprets, and complies with all contract requirements and ensures the operation is meeting customer expectations.
- Works closely and communicates with company and the customer management team to develop strategies to ensure the overall value of the IBS program.
- Understands and maintains the TAMS buy-out PO process.
- Ensures the site is using the approved non-company line codes appropriately.
- Sources all parts needs for customers by utilizing various approved IBS vendors.
- Ensures performance against service level goals per our IBS customer agreements.
- Ensures proper processes and procedures are utilized to minimize inventory shrinkage.
- Ensures merchandise is received in a timely and accurate manner as well as put away in the stockroom in an appropriate manner.
- Creates a safe work environment, ensuring required hazmat training is completed timely.
- Understands and complies with company and customer company policies.
- Bar codes inventory and places in appropriate bin locations.
- Returns non-company excess inventory.
- Works in unison with the Site Manager ensuring all daily/weekly/monthly reconciliation items are handled per policy and procedure guide. Builds relationships and assists with the negotiation of non-company vendors on pricing, inventory, and service and return privileges.
- Follows all IBS policies and procedures.
- Completes all available IBS operations training provided by company.
- Must use the non-company approved line codes appropriately.
- Perform any task as assigned by Site Manager.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Technical school, and/or college degree a plus.
- ASE certified within twelve months.
- Ability to manage two or more people prioritize and delegate to team members.
- Strong communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Requires demonstrated leadership in the automotive after-market industry, preferably an automotive parts department, dealership, jobber, heavy duty and/or fleet establishment.
- Possess working knowledge of the organization's store services.
- Must possess high character and integrity.
- Capable of providing strong leadership to the operation to create a high performance team i.e., customer focus, open communication, willingness to coach and provide feedback.
- Possess personal drive, self-motivation and initiative to accomplish Company goals and objectives.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced setting and possess an ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Insure proper maintenance and protection of Company store facilities, equipment, inventory and all physical assets of the company.
- Have a willingness and ability to learn.
- Possess analytical problem solving skills.
- Capable of operating a point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and using internet for parts research and sourcing.
- Ability to learn and use customer fleet management software.
- Work Environment:The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Fleet shop environment, employee could be exposed to loud noise, fumes or airborne particles
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear.
- The employee is often required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb and crawl.
- The employee is frequently required to lift and move product of up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be capable of moving engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist