Uses specialized equipment to repair or manufacture complex components and parts to strict tolerances. Works from instructions and also fabricates custom components.
Position Performance Measures:
• Fabrication efficiency
Responsibilities: The following section contains the primary responsibilities for this position. Job holder is responsible for performing any other duties as assigned by management.
• Reads and follows work instructions. Also works without instructions on occasion to manufacture custom components.
• Sets up, operates, and programs machine tools to repair or manufacture parts and components.
• Understands how to use all machines in shop without guidance or direction.
• Performs preventative maintenance on shop equipment.
• Utilizes precision measuring tools to inspect and assure items are in conformance to blueprints and other repair data.
• Maintains a safe and audit-ready work area.
• Works with and trains Trainees and less-experienced Machinists as needed.
Experience, Education, and Abilities:
• High School Diploma, Technical School certificate, or equivalent work experience required.
• 5-7 years previous experience in a machine shop on a variety of machines.
• Knowledge of machining principles on materials.
• Machining processes, tools and mathematics.
• Safe use of shop equipment, processes and measuring tools.
• Microsoft Office Basics
• Skill to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and mechanical drawings.
• Ability to read standard gauges and other measuring devices.
• Ability to read, comprehend and write instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Ability to learn industry-related software.
• Must be able to work in a noisy environment.
• Ability to work safely around hazardous materials.
• Exposure to heavy machinery.
• Must use personal protective equipment.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Duvall, Washington.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs