Store Stock Associate
As a retail associate, you are expected to learn the NAPA brand — the market and who our customers are. Eagerness to learn and grow with the company is highly appreciated. Knowing your customers and products are such a big impact to daily business, don't be afraid to work with your team and ask questions — willingness to take initiative is a top tier trait.
What makes a successful Retail employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Customer Centric
- Team player
Counter Sales Path to Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager Path to Store Manager
Store Manager Path to District Manager
District Manager End of path
Group Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
A day in the life includes anything and everything about running a store. It could be taking care of personnel and helping them get what they need, taking care of customers, finding parts, working with my customer service representative who's out helping customers, every day is different.Jeremiah Reynolds NAPA Store Manager
By joining our diverse and supportive retail team, you’ll be part of a genuine work family that gives its all to customers every day. You’ll also discover a culture that values integrity, innovation, and ingenuity. Whatever your background, skills, and experience, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work. Because ultimately, going the extra mile to care and respect our people, customers, suppliers, and communities is in our DNA.
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
NAPA Auto Parts is seeking an enthusiastic detail oriented Store Stock Associate to join our rapidly growing team of Auto Parts professionals. This is the ideal position for a person who is detail oriented with a strong work ethic. As a Store Stock Associate, you will have a variety of duties that would help control and maintain the inventory in our warehouse.
- Unpacks incoming merchandise shipments from suppliers or returned by customers and takes part and places it on the shelf or appropriate location as indicated by the electronic scan-gun. Actions done in compliance with established procedures and quotas.
- Pulls all orders for standard customer stock orders, special orders, and the demands of the main counter and will-call accurately and as completely as possible, routing products as appropriate and meeting the prescribed picking quota set by management.
- Uses the electronic scan-gun, reviews out-bound customer orders for pulling accuracy, ensures safe packing of the orders for shipment to customers, and properly labels shipping trays/packages in accordance with D.O.T. standards.
- Creates detailed summary of each shipment by way of buck slips and/or freight bills, ensures proper end processing of customer orders including removing shipping trays from conveyor system, ensures proper packaging of products, and places large parts and shipping trays for each customer on their designated skid location.
- Plans, organizes, and loads trucks from skids to trucks for delivery to customer, accurately records piece count for customer on the buck slips, and keys freight bills into computer terminal.
- Cleans up and disposes boxes, packing material, and pallets, as well as general housekeeping of facility and specific product line areas. Follows and adheres to all safety rules including the handling of hazardous materials. Loads customer orders into delivery trucks in proper sequence and according to freight bills.
- At least 1 year previous experience stocking, loading, or pulling.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent experience, required.
- Must be functionally literate and capable of understanding and recognizing part numbers and line codes to ensure proper identification of parts for placement in the facility, including identifying sequence of numbers and letters accurately and rapidly.
- Must be able to write legibly.
- Must have basic understanding and be capable of operating a computer terminal.
- And, perform associated duties as assigned by management.
- Must be capable of lifting and moving parts of up to 60 pounds and push/pull 300 pounds using hitch-and-go dolly.
- Must be able to move engine blocks and other heavy equipment with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, dollies, motorized carts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Must be able to repeatedly bend or stoop to ground level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (8 feet) with the use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Must be able to work on their feet (stand or walk) for their assigned work shifts.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Destin, Florida.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs