Motion Industries is a leading distributor of industrial automation products and services. We are seeking a Production Technician in the custom aluminum extrusion and conveyor department. Our department manufactures aluminum products which includes but not limited to custom machine guarding. This person would be able to perform any or all production tasks required to deliver the finished product.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
This position is offering competitive pay based on experience (Starting at $18.00+/hr).
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Cut, machine, and assemble standard and more complex aluminum extrusion product and componentry into complete assemblies and kits per specs.
- Able to work with basic hand tools, measuring devices, power tools and machinery.
- Package and secure products.
- Collaborate with other departments to resolve material or design discrepancies.
- Suggest ideas for process improvements and enhancements.
- Document changes for future builds.
- Maintain a clean work area applying Lean 5S concepts.
- Other duties as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- High degree of problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and the internet
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds
- Ability to stand and work 8-hour shifts
- Two-year Technical Degree in fluid power, electrical or packaging equipment and coursework in applying assembly drawings, hydraulics, pneumatics, electronics and machine tool operation
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist