Under general supervision, the Engineer performs basic engineering calculations, investigations, and tasks as assigned. The Engineer collaborates with other employees to provide follow-up and engineering assistance on defined problems. The Engineer assists in preparing reports, graphs, planning layouts and summaries designed to communicate project progress or results.
Motion Ai brings together the leading high-tech automation solution providers for industrial automation across the United States. Our expertise includes emerging automation technologies with focused disciplines in robotics, motion control, machine vision, digital networking/IIoT (Industrial Internet of Things), industrial framing, pneumatics, and custom mechatronic systems. Motion Ai provides best-in-class engineered systems, products, and services to a variety of industries highlighting a few which include semiconductor, pharmaceutical, Life Sciences, medical, logistics, Food & Beverage, Packaging, automotive, and aerospace.
Motion Ai offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
• Performs basic engineering calculations, investigations, and tasks as assigned.
• Collaborates with other employees to provide follow-up and engineering assistance on defined problems.
• Assists in preparing reports, graphs, planning layouts and summaries designed to communicate project progress or results.
• Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots and provides technical skills and training.
• Recommends and designs components and systems of components working together to meet customer specifications for size, layout and performance.
• Utilizes Computer-Aided Design (CAD), 2D and 3D drawings, schematics, general-arrangement and production layout drawings, load calculations, stress analysis, and/or fabrication/shop drawings to assist with defining problems and completing engineering projects.
• Ensures that processes and environmental conditions comply with local and national regulatory agencies and the organization’s safety standards.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in engineering and zero (0) to (2) years of related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Works as a key member of cross functional teams & must display a can-do attitude that sets an example for others.
• Competent use of CAD software and Microsoft Office suite software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to organize and manage projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Mechanical and math skills and ability to formulate ideas and create design solutions for internal and external customer needs.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
May require travel and specific safety training to work in dangerous and extreme environment conditions while collecting data or commissioning new systems at the customer’s location.
Motion offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist