Business Development Manager
Under general direction, the Business Development Manager works on assignments of large scope and complexity. This position is responsible for supporting a functional area to pursue strategic revenue opportunities by developing new products or services, entering into new markets, and forming new business partnerships in or outside the organization to leverage Motion's value with current and prospective clients.
• Participates in selling Motion's value proposition that will influence the buying habits of existing and prospective clients and works closely with them through the entire sales cycle, however this position is not responsible for closing sales.
• Operates with a significant degree of independence and latitude, meets and communicates with current or new clients and third parties to gather information or to make presentations. This position conducts research and analysis to evaluate and identify marketing, sales, distribution, and business expansion opportunities for a particular assignment.
• This position is typically assigned to a large and significant territory or
multiple/complex/diverse areas. This position may be responsible for leading a small group of staff that involves training, assigning project work and the technical review of their work.
• Uses advanced analytical techniques, performs or supervises the technical evaluation of potential partners. Troubleshoots and resolves issues pre/post sale.
• Daily activities include the management of an existing client base to support organic growth through new business generation and renewal retention, prospecting and developing new relationships, and working with sales and support to ensure a superior level of service.
• Supports strategic planning initiatives to help plan for growth and expansion, new product development, and other product or service-oriented activities, by offering advice, or interpretation. Develops or reviews data, reports, summaries, and notices to share with others.
• Builds and maintains internal and external alliances working with existing clients and third parties at high levels. Collaborates with internal groups and functions to engage appropriate resources.
• Supports marketing and sales and helps to resolve customer service or vendor problems so business strategy goals can be achieved.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a bachelor's degree and seven (7) or more years of related sales, business development, senior applications engineering, or marketing experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Impeccable integrity with a track record delivering quality customer service and ability to interact with all levels
• Ability to identify and cultivate new customers through strategic partnerships, resulting in new business opportunities.
• Ability to work effectively across geographic and business culture lines with Motion Industries and customers.
• Proven project management and influential leadership skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Innovative and solution-oriented attitude.
• Confident and self-motivated.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: Valid driver's license and a good driving record.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Cleveland, Ohio.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs