Plant/Manufacturing - Fabricator
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Our Shop employees are there to ensure that the quality of the product is perfect before being sent to customers.This means the employees in this position need to work quickly and efficiently to be sure to meet the customer's demands. Since the shop directly impacts the value of our business and our customer satisfaction, it is important for all shop employees to be able to hold each other accountable to ensure everything operates smoothly.
- Status:Full Time
What makes a successful Plant/Manufacturing - Fabricator? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team player
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
If you are looking for a position with starting pay at $20.50/hr, progressive raises for the first 36 months, raises that take place every 6 months, a potential to make $54K plus annually after 3 years, then Motion is your answer. This fabricator largely preps materials, performs production processes and finishes custom fabricated products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and understand orders and utilize knowledge of materials, equipment, fabrication and product requirements.
- Locate and gather the materials (e.g. urethane, PVC, rubber) and supplies (e.g. chemicals) needed and check material for correctness and quality.
- Lay out, measure with a tape in standard or metric measures and mark the base belt to receive the profiles or covers.
- Prep the base belt for proper adhesion of the profiles/covers by buffing and burning off skives.
- Cut the profiles/covers to the proper dimensions.
- Apply profiles/covers and use heat or chemical bonding to activate the adhesions.
- Fabricate timing gear belts by:
- Measuring and cutting materials
- Cutting thin slits across the surface of the belt covers (siping)
- Soaking, stripping and weaving materials as needed
- Finishing with a rolled edge process for an endless splice
- Clean and coat base belts and materials
- Set up, operate and disassemble punch presses.
- Attach cleats to belts.
- Set in grommets.
- Bag and stamp orders.
- Scan orders.
- Use various power and hand tools, fork lift and walk behind electric lift safely.
- Attend work regularly and predictably and uphold Company values in all work aspects.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Possess a high school diploma or equivalent with work experience that required attention to detail, teamwork and dependability.
Skills and Abilities
Comprehension and analytical skills to understand technical drawings, prints, safety rules and operating and maintenance instructions with guidance and instruction; solid math and measuring ability; possess mechanical aptitude to operate various power and hand tools and willingness to learn how to fabricate belt.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and blades and is exposed to chemicals or airborne particles in the production area.
High level of manual dexterity for precision production; long periods of standing; sufficient arm and hand strength to utilize various tools; ability to lift and carry 5-30 pounds on a frequent basis and 50 pounds occasionally; bend and stoop; hear and speak for safe, effective communications; sufficient close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception; ability to focus; walk and use hands to handle or feel objects or tools frequently.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Apache Inc. reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs