2nd Shift Plant/Manufacturing - Fabricator
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Our Shop employees are there to ensure that the quality of the product is perfect before being sent to customers.This means the employees in this position need to work quickly and efficiently to be sure to meet the customer's demands. Since the shop directly impacts the value of our business and our customer satisfaction, it is important for all shop employees to be able to hold each other accountable to ensure everything operates smoothly.
- Status:Full Time
What makes a successful 2nd Shift Plant/Manufacturing - Fabricator? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team player
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Under direct supervision, the Fabricator makes, repairs, adapts, and rectifies tools, dies and other pieces of mechanical equipment with high precision specifications and tolerances by interpreting blueprints, consulting specifications and making operative tests. The Fabricator operates all kinds of mechanical tools under the guidance of a supervisor. The Fabricator fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repairs dies, cutting tools, jigs and related items. The Fabricator modifies dies to conform to engineering changes.
• Lays out, positions, aligns, and secures parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers and rulers.
• Examines work pieces for defects and measures work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Verifies conformance of work pieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes.
• Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form and assembles components.
• May position, align, fit and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, follows blueprints and layout specifications, and uses appropriate tools and equipment.
• May weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions. May tack-weld fitted parts together.
• Operates safety equipment and use safe work habits.
• Keeps work area clean.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Studies engineering drawings and blueprints to determine materials requirements and task sequences.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a high school diploma or GED.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of monitoring gauges, dials or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Read and understand work orders.
• Knowledge of mathematics and its application.
Requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and multi-limb coordination. Ability to handle material up to 100 pounds.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs