Our sales employees are the face of Motion by being the first person our customers interact with. As a member of the Motion Sales team, you will determine which products our customers need to keep their businesses in motion. You'll leverage your deep product knowledge, strong customer service, and adaptability. A role at Motion provides opportunities for growth, content learning, and you have an impact on so many companies.
What makes a successful Sales employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team player
Customer Service Rep Path to Account Rep
Account Rep Path to Branch Manager
Branch Manager Path to Sales Manager
Sales Manager Path to Division Vice President
Division Vice President End of path
Group Vice President DO NOT FORGET TO ADD ACCESSIBILITY TEXT
Join us, and you’ll discover a friendly and service-focused culture that values integrity, innovation, and ingenuity. You’ll also discover the support you need to grow on both a professional and personal level. Rewarding and purposeful work will help you to develop your skills, experience and knowledge, and as you collaborate with our diverse and friendly team, you can be certain that you’re learning from some of the very best talent in the business.
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Motion Industries Branch Managerwill be responsible for directing and managing all operational aspects of an assigned business including profitability and growth, sales, customer service, and warehouse functions. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
- Carries responsibility for the profit and loss statement (P&L) and controllable assets
- Develop and manage sales activity and strategies, account assignment and territory management
- Identify and recommend actions to maximize sales, increase margins, and drive operational efficiencies
- Hire, train and develop high performing team
- Proactively identify and recommend training opportunities to build sales expertise and product knowledge
- Lead change management
- Determine performance expectations and prepare annual performance reviews for all direct reports, along with assuring performance reviews, including detailed objectives for each year
- Conduct quarterly reviews for all new hires, transfers and promotions during the first year in new position
- Lead by example to build a product relationship with all employees through positive teamwork
- Responsible for overall facility management
Manage Sales Territory:
- Responsible for full oversight of a sales territory. Directs and assists the sales team in developing current customer base and establishes new customers. Promotes product initiatives, and services by making regular sales calls. Handles customer’s on-site problems (applications, design improvements, and product recommendations).
- Grows profitable market share by presenting value-added services. Keeps current with information of competitive products, customers’ machinery and process. Updates customers on new products.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to suggest specific products and solutions, suggesting alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications.
- Proactively recommend items needed by customers to increase customer satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Visits local customers to provide delivery and inventory management services. This includes cleaning and organizing of customer inventory, establishing stocking levels, presenting fulfillment quotes to customers and entering transaction into operating system.
- Oversee generation of new and repeat sale of manufacturer products.
- Ensure customer requirements and counter personnel are fulfilling expectations.
- Ensure successful implementation of customer programs and initiatives.
- Resolves complaints and answers questions of customers regarding service and procedures.
- Reviews work of team (e.g. orders, quotes, reports etc.) for accuracy, content (up selling, cross-selling etc.) and coach employees on procedures.
- Maintain profession appearance of store interior and exterior.
- Assist in training of customers on products and equipment.
- Prioritize, schedule, expedite work orders, and communicate the information to team members at the beginning of each day and throughout the day. Ensure inventory, components and consumables are available for the work to be performed.
- Leverage resources and coordinate with staff to ensure work is appropriately distributed in order to meet our shipping commitments. Ensure all orders are of the highest quality and completed on time. Follow-up throughout the date to determine if additional resources are necessary to meet the delivery deadline in advance.
- Oversee all Inventory Management activities as needed including cycle counting, bin programs, general inventory maintenance and annual physical inventory.
- Oversee all hose department assembly processes to ensure quality.
- Maintain warehouse equipment to ensure operator safety. Arrange for immediate repair of any production equipment requiring service.
- Technical Associate or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High school diploma (GED) required.
- Minimum of 3 years working in distribution
- Valid Driver's License, Forklift Certification
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Caledonia, Illinois.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs