Procurement Services Rep - Buyer
Broadview Heights, Ohio
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Under close supervision, the Buyer prepares purchase orders, analyzes quotations needed, and arranges timely deliveries of assigned items, supplies, materials and/or services. This position plans assortments, negotiates with suppliers, and works collaboratively with different teams across the company.
• Procures products from a predefined list of suppliers.
• Reviews inventory recommendations as well as product needed to fill customer orders.
• Reviews inventory parameters regularly and makes appropriate changes.
• Updates committed stock requirements, requests new items be set-up, reviews overstock and makes vendor returns.
• Keeps up-to-date with the manufacturers they are assigned to be aware of current pricing, quotes, new products, promotions, etc.
• Resolves shipping discrepancies and invoice mismatches as required.
• Develops and maintains a strong working relationship with all suppliers and the manufacturer reps of assigned lines.
• Provides global services in support of the purchasing department as a whole, business unit (department) and branch as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a high school diploma or GED.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Personable, well organized, detail-oriented and thorough.
• Strong math skills.
• Ability to function well within a team and yet be self-motivated required.
• Strong time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Fast and accurate computer related skills.
• Knowledge of industrial supplies is a plus.
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Broadview Heights, Ohio.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs