Sr Systems Architect
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Sr Systems Architect
The Sr Systems Architect will lead the architectural designs and standards of data solutions across Motion’s enterprise from ingestion to visualization. The position will coordinate with and guide engineering teams in matters of data movement, performance, and data management, as well as champion best practices among Motion’s internal stakeholders and world-wide partners. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
You must be eligible to work in the US without Visa Sponsorship
- Lead end-to-end oversight of the technical design of all data solutions and analytics, internal and external to Motion, and in alignment with business needs.
- Participate in or lead the requirements gathering from stakeholders.
- Advise on best tools and practices to apply in the areas of data ingestion, master data management, governance, data modeling (structured and unstructured), data warehousing and visualization.
- Stay current on emerging technologies relevant to data solutions and analytics.
- Work at a program level to coordinate across technical, stakeholder and vendor teams on delivery of solutions.
- Create and maintain the documentation of standards, patterns and guidelines related to data solutions and analytics.
- 10+ years in data engineering at scale involving ETL/ELT pipelines, data warehousing and data management
- Proficiency with database and data warehouse designs, concepts, and practices
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in ETL tooling
- Experience in diagram tools
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language, such as Java, Python, C#, etc.
- Experience with cloud data architecture
- Exposure to AI/ML
- Understanding of software development principles in a service-oriented architecture environment
- A Bachelor's, or associates, Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Google BigQuery
- Experience with Informatica
- Experience with Power BI
- Experience with Java and/or Python
- Experience with AI/ML
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Birmingham, Alabama.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs