Procurement Product Manager - Fluid Power Products
Under limited supervision, the Procurement Product Manager is responsible for driving
alignment with our corporate strategy to provide the best possible offering to our
customers through the utilization of Strategic and preferred suppliers and thereby
rationalize the majority of the company’s non-strategic spend. This is accomplished
through the promotion, training, and influencing of various Motion teams including
Corporate Accounts, e-Business, and Product Specialists, among others. The
Procurement Product Manager works with internal and external stakeholders to ensure
Motion’s products both satisfy customer requirements and support profitability targets.
Additionally, this role works closely with the Procurement Strategy team, Inventory
Management and the Marketing department to ensure alignment of these Motion sales
supporting assets with those responsible for the various channels to market.
- Engages as needed with supplier via email, phone conferences, and in-person meetings.
- Communicates corporate product strategy to stakeholders and generates both buy-in and increased awareness for preferred suppliers and brands across Motion.
- Evaluates existing product portfolio to identify opportunities to improve overall composition through rationalization and interchanging initiatives.
- Identifies strategic gaps in Motions supplier line card and actively pursues relationship with top tier suppliers to fill the gap.
- Manages portfolio of projects related to product category including improving supplier integration with Motion’s processes and procedures.
- Implements and executes strategic marketing plans for each supplier partner.
- Coordinates the execution of yearly marketing programs through collaboration with Procurement Strategy and Marketing departments.
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert for products - continually researches relevant brands and technologies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Strong relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage projects through full life cycle.
- Skilled at presenting to both small and large groups.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in both written and verbal form.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Functional knowledge of data analytics tools. Database experience preferred.
- Collaborates effectively in a cross-functional team environment, but has high individual motivation.
- Passion for learning and development.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Position will occasionally require long hours.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: None required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No Supervisory Responsibility
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare
coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
DISCLAIMER: This job description illustrates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and skills required. Management retains the right to add or modify duties at any time.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist