Procurement BI Data Analyst
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
The Procurement Business Intelligence Data Analyst designs and develops software-based data modeling and visualizations with Business Intelligence (BI) tools focused on initiatives driven by the Procurement Strategy Team. This role utilizes various analytical and programming skills to develop BI solutions and supports leadership by designing proactive, value-added data models to provide insight into data driven decision-making. The tools and resources developed under this role will be leveraged in attempts of increasing profitability, efficiencies, and operational effectiveness of all procurement activities.
• Responsible for end-to-end design and maintenance of BI tool data sets, data models, reports, dashboards and visualizations in support of all department functions,
• Designs, develops and optimizes data models for the business unit and other departments.
• Routinely meets with various stakeholders to understand their data needs. Develops solutions and processes to fulfill requirements. This typically includes BI dashboards, Python programs, or Excel/VBA reports.
• Enhances business insights and decision making with robust, intuitive data visualizations.
• Leverages transactional data from enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications to extract, transform and model into reporting and analytics solutions.
• Coordinates incremental creation and structure of QVD files from disparate data sources.
• Identifies the most impactful layout and presentation of key performance metrics in easy to use self-service dashboards.
• Partners with the IT team to develop security standards for BI applications and usage of QVD files containing sensitive financial information.
• Partners and develops relationships with cross-functional leaders to improve processes and documentation, and recommends changes that lead to the adoption of world class processes.
• Proactively seeks out opportunities to increase business knowledge and create visibility within the organization.
• Generates new ideas to streamline processes and collaborates with other departments to create operational efficiencies.
• Establishes and implements best practices for data modeling & visualization. Ensures data accuracy.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in information systems and three (3) to five (5) years of related work experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Thorough understanding of business / supply chain operations
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Advanced SQL and experience with a variety of relational databases.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to propose positive business solutions.
• Reliability, organization and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and oral communication, including presentation skills.
• Knowledge of database design techniques and advanced SQL skills required.
• Proficiency in Python, R, or other statistics platform preferred.
• Professional presence with excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with management at corporate and department levels.
• Forward-thinking in implementing tools and techniques to improve analytics, driving better business decisions. Self-motivated and able to independently manage multiple responsibilities concurrently
• Ability to collaborate within a team, managing team dynamics and relationships.
• Strong partnership skills, across all levels of management, with ability to influence and challenge decisions and processes.
• Driver of results, developer and influencer of peers.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: BI tool certification preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No Supervisory Responsibility
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition, reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Birmingham, Alabama.Explore the Area