Principal Data Engineer
Here, you’ll find a culture that always has its finger on the pulse of ingenuity and innovation. After all, building on our legacy depends on acting with integrity to deliver future-focused transformation — and that’s where you’ll come in. By adding your resourcefulness and out-of-the-box thinking to ours, we’ll be able to achieve great things — both as a team, and as individuals. Whatever your area of IT expertise, we’ll empower you to bring your authentic self to work and support you to do your best work.
What makes a successful IT employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
This Principal Data Engineer role will lead the design and development of solutions that power Motion’s data analytics. The role will work with data partners all over the world to build enterprise-class solutions that promote innovation and insights with data. Motion offers an excellent benefits package that includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay. You must be eligible to work in the US without Visa Sponsorship.
- Develop and maintain a framework for consuming data from various sources in various formats
- Design and develop database objects/models to support data reporting and analytics
- Develop and support business intelligence reporting across the organization
- Responsible for stewarding and/or leading team standards, procedures and methodologies associated with data ingestion, warehousing, and analytics
- Responsible for mentoring peers in standards and practices. May lead and direct the work of others
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to understand the business needs related to data
- Maintain knowledge of the tools and technology available to forward data reporting and analysis
- 7+ years of data engineering/ETL with focus on data warehousing
- 3+ years of data reporting with business intelligence tools
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency with data warehouse design, concepts, and practices
- Proficiency with data integration/ETL tools, Informatica specifically
- Exposure to Google BigQuery
- A Bachelor's, or associates, Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with Power BI
- Experience with DB2
- Experience with AI/ML development
- Experience with Java or Python
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
The coaching and development at GPC has been phenomenal over the years. My managers truly know what is going on in their teams. They are able to guide me and answer questions.Latisha Ward GPC Data Voice Infrastructure Provisioning Coordinator
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Birmingham, Alabama.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs