Financial Analyst - Budgets & Forecasting
We're an organization of IT specialists, developers, salespeople, retail specialists, supply chain professionals, drivers and more. What binds us together is our passion for providing superior service to our clients, customers and teammates. Discover why GPC is the right place for you and your career.
What makes a successful employee at Corporate Headquarters? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Team player
Medical, Dental, Vision, life and disability insurance, as well as campus health and wellness programs
Paid time off, eight company holidays and flexible work schedules available
Tuition Reimbursement and professional development opportunities
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Onsite cafeteria, coffee stations and break rooms
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
The Financial Analyst supports Executive & Finance leadership through the development & preparation of forward looking financial and economic models. The Financial Analyst position is set in a fast-paced business environment in support of a complex business structure. The ideal candidate for this position is a high energy business-minded person who is motivated by solving complex financial relationships. This person is a detail oriented critical thinker who possesses an insatiable appetite for continuous learning. To be successful in this position, the candidate must be an active listener and skilled communicator, especially in facilitation, written communication, and visual presentation.
• Prepares and maintains monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets at both the consolidated
and business segment levels.
• Analyzes budget/forecast to actual performance.
• Publishes monthly reports that visually express budget/forecast to actual performance,
supported by concisely written commentary.
• Conducts quarterly competitor analysis.
• Develops an ongoing market and economic research process to quickly identify business
• Engages Finance leadership with advice and guidance on a range of financial
• Coordinates with business partners in the development of budgets and forecasts.
• Assists with budget/forecast presentations to communicate assumptions & findings to
• Designs and implements 12-month rolling forecast process.
• Designs and implements process efficiencies through automation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics and three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Financial and/or operational management experience with planning & forecasting.
• Preferred Microsoft Office & Power Apps Certifications (or willingness to pursue).
• Advanced Excel proficiency is required. 3+ years of practical proven experience of using Excel for building and maintaining financial models.
• Preferred entry-level knowledge of coding for Financial Analytic tools (or a willingness to pursue).
• Strong understanding of financial statement preparation and analysis.
• Knowledge of GAAP reporting requirements.
• Skilled in the arts of communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to convey complex concepts to diverse audiences
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
I would say this is the first job where I've felt cared about as a person and not an asset. I love the people and what I do.Beau Mitchell GPC Accounts Receivable Specialist - Cash Apps
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Birmingham, Alabama.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs