Field Service Technician
Our Shop employees are there to ensure that the quality of the product is perfect before being sent to customers.This means the employees in this position need to work quickly and efficiently to be sure to meet the customer's demands. Since the shop directly impacts the value of our business and our customer satisfaction, it is important for all shop employees to be able to hold each other accountable to ensure everything operates smoothly.
- Status:Full Time
What makes a successful Field Service Technician? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Good Listener
- Results Driven
- Team player
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Under direct supervision, the Field Service Technician performs moderately complex customer support activities for equipment and systems products such as hydraulics, component repair, welding, and relatively complex equipment. The Field Service Technician performs repair, preventative maintenance and installation with regional responsibility for equipment and systems.
• Responsible for the installation, diagnostics, repair and support for equipment that is installed and operating at customer sites.
• Diagnose problems with equipment, assess the extent of the problem, document findings, make decisions to repair and/or replace parts.
• Conducts technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to products in accordance with specific customer specifications.
• Keeps customers informed on the nature of service provided or outstanding issues and recommends system enhancements, upgrades, or repairs.
• Works under direct supervision and follows detailed guidelines to work on moderately complex repairs and installations.
• Ensures that processes and environmental conditions comply with local and national regulatory agencies, and Motion's safety standards.
• Provides technical support and training to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment.
• Communicates technical information to technical and non-technical stakeholders and meets customers daily or as required to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Performs on-site services for new and existing clients, which may include on-site emergency repairs, equipment servicing and equipment upgrades on a 24/7 on-call basis.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Typically requires a technical degree and zero (0) to three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Ability to read hydraulic schematics.
• Ability to operate shop equipment safely.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work effectively with customers, peers and management to resolve client issues.
• Push/pull up to 100 pounds
• Lift/carry up to 100 pounds
• Lift bulky objects
• Neck rotation, trunk rotation, stair climbing, repetitive bending, kneeling, sustained squat, forward reaching, overhead reaching, reach and lift, ladder climb and carrying/crawling.
• Working conditions may be indoor and/or outdoor. Noise level may be loud at times.
Motion offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Birmingham, Alabama.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs