Material Handler I
Our warehouse employees are an essential part of ensuring business success. As a member of the team, you will have an impact on the bottom line by ensuring the customer experience is complete with accurate, on-time fulfillment. A role within the warehouse provides the opportunity to learn about our products, create meaningful connections with your teammates, and adjust to the changing needs of our business.
What makes a Warehouse employee? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Team Lead Path to Stock Room Manager
Stock Room Manager Path to Warehouse Manager
Warehouse Manager End of Path
Medical, dental, vision and healthcare FSA, as well as health and wellness programs
Offering competitive PTO package with added days for years of service
Tuition reimbursement with opportunities for professional development
401(k) Plan with competitive employer matching
Life and Disability Insurance
Employee discounts, including NAPA parts, entertainment, technology, appliances, event tickets and more
Under close supervision, the Material Handler performs physical and administrative tasks related to material handling such as shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, returns, and storage. This position lifts heavy items and operates a forklift.
- Unloads and directs movement of shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage and work areas.
- Verifies and records incoming and outgoing shipments within the Warehouse Management System to ensure shipments include correct product, quality, and quantity.
- Gathers, verifies, and places items into order picking container for outgoing shipments.
- Prepares packing slips, shipping labels, bills of lading, and other required documents as needed.
- Ensures warehouse work areas and equipment are clean, orderly, and properly maintained.
- Replenishes primary stock shelves from reserve stock locations as needed.
- Operates a forklift.
- May perform driving duties from time to time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Typically requires a high school diploma or GED and zero (0) to two (2) years of related experience or an equivalent combination.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to work as a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess the ability to comprehend and carry-out instructions provided in oral, written, and diagram format.
- Basic computer skills, including information processing required.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Ability to regularly stand, walk, talk, hear, and lift occasionally sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb, or crawl. Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds, with assistance as necessary.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS: Certified to operate a forklift. Valid driver’s license. Certified to handle hazardous material shipments.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: No Supervisory Responsibility
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No
Motion Industries offers an excellent benefits package which includes options for healthcare coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future opportunity by joining our Talent Community onjobs.genpt.comor create an account to set up email alerts as new job postings become available that meet your interest!
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
About the location
Find out what it's like to live and work in Baltimore, Maryland.Explore the Area
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs