Supply Chain Engineer Intern
Are you ready to spend your summer as a part of something special? Imagine being with a company whose reputation for excellence paves the way for endless success. At Genuine Parts Company (GPC), people build long-lasting, highly satisfying careers and make a real difference in the community.
Our 11-week summer internship program will be in person in Atlanta and run from May 22, 2022 – Fri, Aug 4, 2022. The Supply Chain Intern will focus primarily on project work involving data collection and analysis in support of several key Supply Chain initiatives.
What you'll be doing:
- 50% project work, 50% replenishment analysis
- Interface with product and vendors to capture cube data for input into Network Optimization models
- Learn to use Manhattan Associates Inventory Optimization suite for forecasting, inventory planning and replenishment to optimize in-stock availability with inventory turn objectives.
- Work with resources across multiple departments to identify opportunity requirements, capture data and provide counter measures with recommended solutions to increase performance or reduce variation inside an operational process.
What you'll need:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate program - Business, Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain majors preferred
- Strong eye for detail
- Must be proficient in MS Access and Excel
- Rising seniors preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Have a fun and rewarding summer learning the inner workings of an iconic Atlanta-based Fortune 200 company, and hone your technical skills to get you more ready for a career in technology
- Attend Braves game (yes, for free!) with other interns from across the company
- Explore the history of the company through a multi-day orientation, complete with a tour of the Atlanta Distribution Center
- Show off your summer projects achievement with GPC executives and your peers for bragging rights and prizes.
GPC conducts its business without regard to sex, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, age, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, military status, status as a veteran, or any other protected characteristic. GPC's policy is to recruit, hire, train, promote, assign, transfer and terminate employees based on their own ability, achievement, experience and conduct and other legitimate business reasons.
Jobs for you
There are currently no NAPA jobs near you. View all NAPA jobs
There are currently no Motion jobs near you. View all Motion jobs
I love the fact that I am always learning. There’s something going on all the time. It’s definitely an exciting job.Eberto Guerra NAPA Stockroom Associate
I have worked with Motion since I was 23 years old and was at a crossroads in my life on what I wanted to pursue as a career. A Warehouse Manager job came open and I applied twice before being hired. I had no clue what I was doing, but I was determined to learn and grow with Motion. I used any and all training opportunities available to me at Motion – classes and online learning. I am not special and anyone with the desire and determination to WIN can and always will be able to because Motion has all the resources needed to be successful. It is up to the individual in whatever position they are in to pick up these resources and move forward. I am very grateful for Motion and the opportunities available to me so that I may be successful in my career and take care of my family.Evan Fleming Motion Branch Manager
Into my 10th year with GPC, I still feel extremely energized and excited about what lies ahead. GPC has been a big part of my personal and professional growth and I am so thankful I work for such a great organization.Princess Gray GPC Supervisor - AR Payment Applications
It’s great to work for a company that you are not an employee number, you're part of a team that understands the values to be the best and be rewarded for taking care of your team. As a leader, my managers and I create the culture in our district and stores every day and I’m very proud what we have done and will continue to do here in Austin, TX.Tim Wilks NAPA District Manager
If I were to give advice to someone looking to apply here, I'd say have a strong work ethic, be determined, and be open to learning anything. We love people who have initiative and strive to learn.Chelsea Antoine GPC Employee Service Center Operational Support Specialist